• Derbyshire 120 Pink-footed Goose Nw/over Carr Vale NR 10:05 SK459701
• Nottinghamshire Smew Attenborough NR on Clifton Pond this mrng NG9 6DY SK516340
• Nottinghamshire Adult Glaucous Gull Hoveringham on Big Pit 10:15 then flew twds sailing lake SK699478
• South Yorkshire 7 Two-barred Crossbill 1.5mls S/of Stocksbridge at Broomhead Resv on S/side S36 4ZA SK255957
• South Yorkshire 30 Waxwing Sheffield at Ecclesall Road opp Hallam University near Collegiate Crescent
Thanks to Rod Key for the following:-
FOREMARK RESERVOIR The interesting Gull which first appeared at Foremark Reservoir on 18th Dec and was found by Martin Roome roosted again on both 19/20th Dec Video was taken on the latter date by amongst others Richard Lowe and Stephanie Hicking. Richard Lowe has managed to come up with the answer to this bird and has identified it as a hybrid Glaucous x Herring Gull, first winter, sometimes called a Viking Gull. It has been seen at Albert Village Lake and Richard took some shots of it there in late November. There has also been a second winter hybrid Glaucous x Herring Gull there as well and a hybrid Ring Billed x Lesser Black Backed Gull which also was probably seen at Willington Gravel Pits in November by Richard James and Keith Walker. It seems to be the winter of Hybrid Gulls. Many thanks to Martin for finding this bird at Foremark and allowing others to see it and give their opinions.
On 22nd Dec Keith Lyon had brief views of a Great Northern Diver close to the dam wall but could not re-find it. On 24th Dec the adult Glaucous Gull again roosted here with at least 7 adult Yellow Legged Gulls and an adult Caspian Gull. Also 12 Goosanders here on that date.
OGSTON RESERVOIR An adult Great Northern Diver flew round for about 5 minutes late afternoon on 20th Dec before it flew off SW. 2 Yellow Legged Gulls also present-an adult and a 4th winter. Also a few Bramblings are with the Finch flock on the West Bank.
EGGINTON VILLAGE The Lesser Whitethroat still coming into the garden on Duck Street on 24th Dec.
CARSINGTON WATER The adult Great Northern Diver still present on 23rd Dec and the Mediterranean Gull again roosted on 22/23rd Dec.
R.TRENT, SWARKESTONE Still 67 Mute Swans in fields by the River on 24th Dec.