• Derbyshire Glossy Ibis till 16:30 Ogston Resv from members hide & West Bank c/pk on Ogston New Road then flushed by shooters in hall woods & no further sign by dusk DE55 6FN SK374604
• Derbyshire Glossy Ibis 16:05 Ogston Resv from members hide & West Bank c/pk on Ogston New Road DE55 6FN SK374604
• Derbyshire Glossy Ibis Ogston Resv from members hide on W/bank at 16:00, flew in at 15:55 DE55 6FN SK374604
• Nottinghamshire Immature Glossy Ibis 11:39 Lowdham showing well in field WSW/ of Peugeot garage S/of A612 NG14 7DS
• Nottinghamshire Great White Egret Idle Valley NR on Chainbridge Scrape DN22 8RU SK698859
• South Yorkshire Great Grey Shrike Thorne Moors NNR near Will Pitts early a/noon but mobile + Short-eared Owl at Top House Farm early mrng then flew towards river DN8 5SF SE723136
• South Yorkshire Bittern Potteric Carr YWT + Spotted Redshank DN4 8DB SE599003
Thanks to Rod Key for the following:-
OGSTON RESERVOIR A Glossy Ibis was found late afternoon on 6th Nov on the West Bank and remained until first light on 7th Nov when it promptly disappeared. This may well be the Bakewell bird
STAUNTON HAROLD RESERVOIR The regular adult Yellow Legged Gull again present on 4/8th Nov ands was joined by an adult Caspian Gull on 4th Nov. On 7th Nov 18 Wigeon and 120 Teal with 126 Teal on 8th Nov.
CARR VALE DWT RESERVE 116 Wigeon, a Peregrine Falcon, a Chiffchaff and 539 Fieldfare flew West on 1st Nov. On 2nd Nov 54 Gadwall, 14 Shoveler and a Goldeneye., 2 Goosander on 3rd Nov with 1 on 4rh Nov when 310 Pink Footed Geese flew SE and 200 Linnets present. On 5rg Nov 14 Snipe and a Rock Pipit flew South with 5 Black Tailed Godwits briefly on 6th Nov, 200 Linnets still and 400 Fieldfare flew SW.
RENISHAW PARK 5 Mandarin on 5th Nov.
SHOOTERS CLOUGH, GOYT VALLEY A Snow Bunting by the side of the path on 4th Nov and still present on 8th Nov.
WILLINGTON GRAVEL PITS The male Marsh Harrier still present on 7th Nov making this bird one of the longest staying birds ever.
FOREMARK RESERVOIR On 4th Nov 5 Little Grebes, 22 Great Crested Grebes, 16 Cormorants. 1 Little Egret roosting in trees at Carvers Rocks, 2 Grey Herons, c55 Grey Lag Geese flew West, 116 Tufted Duck, 1 Goosander, 1 Common Buzzard and 68 Coot. In the Gull roost were c15,000 Black Headed Gulls, c30 Common Gulls, c900 Lesser Black Backed Gulls, c100 Herring Gulls, 3 Yellow Legged Gulls-1 ad and 2 first winters, 2 adult Caspian Gulls and c30 Great Black Backed Gulls,
LONG EATON GRAVEL PITS On 5th Nov 30 Great Crested Grebes, 11 Cormorants, 2 Grey herons, 2 Wigeon, 14 Gadwall, 6 Shoveler, 10 pochard, 115 Tufted Duck, 1 Goldeneye, 2 Water Rails, 1 Kingfisher, c15 Fieldfares and c10 Redwings.
CHURCH WILNE RESERVOIR On 5th Nov 6 Little Grebes, 22 Great Crested Grebes, 10 Cormorants, 5 Gadwall, 15 Pochard, 149 Tufted Duck, 221 Coot and 6 Common Gulls.
AMBASTON GHRAVEL PITS On 6th Nov 1 Little Grebe, 1 Cormorant flew SW, 9 Wigeon, 22 Gadwall, 6 Tufted Duck, 2 Sparrowhawks, 1 Common Buzzard, 1 Kestrel, 80 Coot, 2 Snipe, 2 Jack Snipe, 3 Common Gulls, 2 Herring Gulls flew SW, 2 Green Woodpeckers, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 4 Sky Larks, c30 Meadow Pipits and 11 Goldfinch.
ASTON-ON-TRENT GRAVEL PITS On 7th Nov 2 Little Grebes, 5 Great Crested Grebes, 44 Cormorants, 10 Grey Herons, 34 Mute Swans, 14 Wigeon, 14 Gadwall, 4 Teal, 9 Pochard, 85 Tufted Duck, 4 Goldeneye, 1 Common Buzzard, 1 Common Gull, 84 Lesser Black Backed Gulls, 1 Caspian Gull –ad, 9 Stock Doves and 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker.
WRAGGS QUARRY The Great Grey Shrike still present on 5th Nov.