• Derbyshire Female Common Scoter Staunton Harold Resv at 08:48 + Common Sandpiper, Adult Yellow-legged Gull, Little Egret & 430 Greylag Goose also Greenshank yesterday DE73 8DL SK377243
• Nottinghamshire 10 Black-tailed Godwit Idle Valley NR on floods + 15 Ruff & 12 Little Egret DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire 2 Pectoral Sandpiper Idle Valley NR roosted on Chainbridge Scrape + 3 Ruff. Male Marsh Harrier & Barn Owl over DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire 2 Pectoral Sandpiper 12:05 NE/of Lound at Idle Valley NR on Chainbridge Scrape DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire 2 Pectoral Sandpiper NE/of Lound at Idle Valley NR on Chainbridge Scrape DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire Spotted Redshank Newington Flash off Hagg Lane DN10 6DJ SK670938
• South Yorkshire 6 Two-barred Crossbill 09:35 Broomhead Resv (2 ad male, 3 ad female, imm male) on sw/ side in clearing. Park by boardwalk & take track into wood for 20yds go left to view clearing on right S36 4ZA SK255957
• South Yorkshire Spoonbill Old Moor RSPB late a/noon + 3 Spotted Redshank S73 0YF SE422022
• South Yorkshire 1st Winter Spoonbill Old Moor RSPB + Little Stint & Female Common Scoter thru Broomhill Flash S73 0YF SE422022
• South Yorkshire Pectoral Sandpiper Hatfield Moors NNR at Packards South on W/pools DN7 6DT SE705065
• South Yorkshire Little Stint Hatfield Moors NNR on Packards South + Osprey DN7 6DT SE705065
• South Yorkshire 2 Garganey Edderthorpe Flash Park in layby on S/side of A6195 & walk down bank to view + Spotted Redshank S72 7BE SE411074
Thanks to Rod Key for the following:-
STAUNTON HAROLD RESERVOIR A female Common Scoter and the nusual ad. Yellow Legged Gull early morning on 13th Sept. Also present a Little Egret, a Common Sandpiper,430 Grey Lag Geese, 300 Canada Geese, 15 Teal, 2 Great Black Backed Gulls and c80 House Martins. On 12th Sept a Greenshank still present.
CARSINGTON WATER 2 Curlew Sandpipers on Stones Island early evening on 11th Sept along with 8 Dunlin and 2 Ringed Plover. No sign yesterday but a Redshank and a juv. Ruff present. Also 2 Ringed Plover and at least 2 Dunlin. “Brutus” the ad Yellow Legged Gull still there. Also a Crossbill and a Tree Pipit flew over on 12th Sept.
EREWASH M EADOWS DWT RESERVE A report of a Honey Buzzard flying South on 7th Sept. Details and notes gratefully accepted by the undersigned.
SAWLEY A Red Kite on 8th Sept.
OGSTON RESERVOIR An Osprey flew through early morning on 11th Sept.
WILLINGTON GP A report of a Kittiwake on 10th Sept.
BUXTON A late Swift on 10th Sept.
WYVER LANE DWT RESERVE Still a Whinchat on 10th Sept.
LONG EATON GRAVEL PITS 3 Egyptian Geese, 193 Tufted Duck and 2 Common Terns on 10th Sept.
CHURCH WILNE RESERVOIR 24 Great Crested Grebes, 13 Cormorants, 3 Grey Lag Geese, 16 Pochard and 393 Tudted Duck on 110th Sept.
ASTON-ON-TRENT GRAVEL PITS On 11th Sept 7 Little Grebes, 14 Great Crested Grebes, 98 Cormorants, 7 Little Egrets, 8 Grey Herons, 33 Mute Swans, 17 Grey Lag Geese, 135 Canada Geese, 35 Wigeon, 26 Gadwall, 44 Teal, 31\ Shoveler, 2 Pochard, 117 Tufted Duck, 1 Hobby, 2 Peregrines, c100 Lapwing, c350 Black Headed Gulls, c60 Lesser Black Backed Gulls, 1 Herring Gull-2nd winter and an ad. Caspian Gull.