• Derbyshire Black Tern Carsington Water this a/noon + Adult Kittiwake n/at 15:45 DE6 1ST SK241515
• Derbyshire Bonxie Carsington Water off Sheepwash at 09:45 then flew s/ DE6 1ST SK241515
• Derbyshire Adult Arctic Skua (dark phase) Ogston Resv n/past Public Hide at 07:40 DE55 6FN SK374604
• Nottinghamshire Little Stint Langford Lowfields RSPB + Grey Plover & Whimbrel NG23 7RF SK821601
• Nottinghamshire 2 Black Tern Attenborough NR on Coneries Pond at 11:30 NG9 6DY SK516340
• Nottinghamshire 3 Pectoral Sandpiper Idle Valley NR on Chainbridge Scrape in evng + 3 Curlew Sandpiper DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire Spotted Crake Netherfield Lagoons on slurry lagoon at 17:15. Park on Victoria retail park at end of Teal Close opp CEM, cross Ouse Dyke & walk SE/for 1/3ml then right over bridge NG4 2JT SK635402
• Nottinghamshire Juvenile White-winged Black Tern 16:55 Attenborough NR on Coneries Pond from visitor centre NG9 6DY SK516340
• Nottinghamshire Juvenile Pectoral Sandpiper Idle Valley NR on Chainbridge Scrape from Chainbridge Lane by “cattle access” gate sw/of scrape DN22 8RU SK698859
• Nottinghamshire 8 Ruff Idle Valley Floods between Austerfield Floods & Misson at 16:30 + 4 Greenshank, 4 Green Sandpiper, 2 Little Egret, 5 Dunlin & 100+Snipe DN10 6BU SK667946
• South Yorkshire Juvenile Little Gull Orgreave Lagoons this a/noon + Juvenile Arctic Tern S13 9DB SK423871
• South Yorkshire Osprey Thrybergh CP then flew se/ + Female Common Scoter S65 4HJ SK468965
• South Yorkshire 3 Juvenile Arctic Tern Orgreave Lagoons S13 9DB SK423871
• South Yorkshire Turnstone Broomhill Flash S73 0YJ SE414029
• South Yorkshire Eclipse Drake Garganey Catcliffe Flash S60 5RQ SK426880
• South Yorkshire Juvenile Two-barred Crossbill Broomhead Resv at sw/end at 12:30 but mobile. Park by boardwalk & take track into wood for 20yds, then take 1st left & follow to clearing on right S36 4ZA SK255957
• South Yorkshire 1st Summer Spoonbill Old Moor RSPB from Wath Ings Hide + 4 Curlew Sandpiper S73 0YF SE422022
Thanks to Rod Key for the following:-
OGSTON RESERVOIR A dark morph Arctic Skua flew North past the public hide at 7.40.a.m. on 6th Sept.
CARSINGTON WATER A Bonxie flew South past Sheepwash ay 9.45 a.m.
Nearby 2 juv Arctic Skuas flew over the Deep End at Blithfield Reservoir, Staffs at 10.50 a.m. and a juv White Winged Black Tern was found on the Sailing Pit at Attenborough NR, Notts late evening on 5th Sept in company of a juv. Black Tern and both still present and showing well from the Visitor Centre on 6th Sept.
The August Ogston report by Steve Mann has been added to the website.
The August Carsington report by Roger Carrington has been added to the website.